Opening Hours : Monday to Saturday - 8am to 9pm
  Contact : +1-800-654-3210

6 Room Design Tricks Interior Designers Will Never Tell You (for Free)

When it comes to a Home Makeover, interior designers really know what they’re doing;
provided that they’ve already talked to the homeowners and find out what their likes and
dislikes are when it comes to the design of their humble abodes.

That being said, there are some universal design tricks that interior designers use that
they rarely give to their clients (for free). So in this article, I will share some of the trade
secrets to you so that you can use them in your next home renovation project.

Never Hang Artwork Too High

A lot of people actually hang their artworks way too high. I think that is probably
because of the fact that they see paintings and other art pieces in movies and TV series
to be hung up way too high.

Well, a good way to showcase your artwork is for you to just place them at eye level.
This is so that your guests can see them immediately and would allow them to
appreciate what you’ve put up.

How about spacing, especially if you have more than two art pieces? Well, the spacing
should be just a couple of inches away from each other. So, if you have three similarly-
sized paintings, perhaps 6 inches apart would be enough.

Rearrange the Books

If you have bookshelves with actual books, then you can arrange them horizontally and
vertically to provide a nice visual appeal.

60% of your books should be placed vertically while the remaining 40% should be
placed horizontally. You also want to stack the horizontal books just below the vertically-
stacked ones to make it stand out even more.

Place a Rug

If you are going to use a rug, the size of it will dictate how you will place the furniture
surrounding it. If it is a relatively small rug, only the front portion of the chairs should be
placed on top of it and the sofa should be off of the rug.

However, if your rug is big enough to fit everything in, then you can safely put things
within the rug’s coverage.

When Buying a Dining Table

If you are going to buy a dining table, I suggest that you buy one that is at least 36
inches wide. That is so that there is ample space to put all of your foods on it. If you are
constrained by space, consider getting a round table instead.

Mix It Up, Color-wise

A lot of interior designers follow a 60-30-10 percentage color application. By this, I mean
that 60% of the color that you use will be a dominant one; 30% for the secondary and
the remaining 10% is for the accent color.

As a baseline, your walls should have the dominant color, your furniture the secondary,
and your pillows and floral arrangements the accent color.

Balanced (Pillow) Design

Place a huge pillow then match it with a smaller size pillow- both having two bold
patterns. Doing it this way will allow for a better visual appeal.

We are using cookies on our website

Please confirm, if you accept our tracking cookies. You can also decline the tracking, so you can continue to visit our website without any data sent to third party services.